The last two weeks of December are the days which are the happiest yet tiring at the same time for me. From gift wrapping to preparing and cooking food and then catching up with the family reunions and Christmas / Year-end parties – it can be pretty exhausting, right? Well, lucky for me that my little family and I spent most of the holidays with our in-laws or my parents. I really do not have to cook a lot of meals for the Noche Buena and Media niche as most families do here in the Philippines. But I intended to cook something special for us at the very least while we’re just at the comforts of our home and enjoying each other’s company.
On 31st of December, before we prepared to go to Nanay’s house (my husband’s grandmother) and celebrate the New Year’s eve with them, I cooked a simple and easy pasta dish which my husband and I really love! Personally, I love pasta! And I like discovering and cooking pasta dishes for the family. But the one that I prepared is just a simple and easy to cook Tuna Pesto pasta that even kids can cook in my opinion. Haha! 😉
Tuna Pesto is probably one of the easiest pasta dishes to cook. Especially if you have the Pesto paste ready. Good thing, Contadina has sent me gift package which is just in time for the holidays! Yay!
Because of Contadina Pesto, I was able to cook my Pestorrific Tuna Pasta with no sweat!
This recipe is also great for ordinary days. I do cook Tuna Pesto for husband’s packed lunch to work sometimes. It saves me a lot of time and energy.
What you need:
– 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped (I like it garlicky!)
– 1-2 Canned Tuna
– 2 tbsp Olive Oil
– 2-3 tbsp of Contadina Pesto Mix
– 250g-300g of Pasta / Linguine (depends on your preference)
– 1 can of sliced mushrooms
– Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
– Parmesan Cheese / Quickmelt Cheese
How to cook:
1) Cook pasta per packaging’s instructions.
2) Saute Garlic in Olive Oil. Be careful not to overcook the garlic.
3) Add in the drained tuna bits. Let it cook for 2-3 mins then add the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4) Add in the Pesto paste when the mushrooms are already lightly browned. Stir for another minute. Add olive oil when necessary.
5) Toss the drained pasta over the Pesto mix. Make sure that the pasta is evenly coated with Pesto mix.
6) Serve hot. Add in Parmesan Cheese on top. (In my case, I don’t have parmesan cheese in my pantry at the time I cooked this dish. So I added Quickmelt Cheese instead and let it melt while it’s still in the pan.)
There you have it. My Pestorrific Pasta holiday recipe that is quick and easy to cook. It took me around 20-30 minutes only in preparing and cooking this pasta dish and I am glad that it turned out well. The husband loved it (or he’s just really hungry? Lol!)
I am excited as I am yet to try other pasta and tomato-based dishes using Contadina. Their gift is just in time when it arrived on my doorstep! 🙂
Would you like to try Contadina sauces on your next recipe? Well, good news! I will be giving away a set of Contadina package to one of my lucky followers! Just follow these steps to join the raffle giveaway:
1) Visit and like Nostalgic Momma on Facebook.
2) Share the Facebook link of this Pestorrific Pasta holiday recipe blog post on your Facebook account. Make sure that the post is Public so I can verify your entry. Link to the post to share: Nostalgic Momma’s Pestorrific Holiday Recipe
3) Tag the person or people you want to cook the dish with/for on the comments section of the Facebook page’s blog link. Link to the post to comment on: Nostalgic Momma’s Pestorrific Holiday Recipe
4) Raffle giveaway will run until January 10, 2017. The winner will be chosen at random (via random.org) on January 11, 2017. I will announce the winner on my Facebook page. 🙂
Note: This raffle giveaway is open to Metro Manila residents only. The winner will pick-up the package in an office located in Makati City until January 20, 2017 only.
Best of luck!
Live. Laugh. Love. Pray.